February 20, 2011

10 Minute Shoe Makeover

Who doesn't love a good clearance find?!?! I saw these pink flats and thought, 'these are too cute to be on clearance...what's wrong with them?' I couldn't find anything, they were perfect, except... for the size!

Photobucket


However, a good friends birthday was coming up and I needed the perfect accessory to pull the whole gift together... and they had her size. Score!

The theme to her gift was Black&White with a hint of pink. Therefore these already cute flats needed some B&W love...

Photobucket

What do you think? Better before? Or are you loving the B&W?!?!

How to make-over your shoes? Heres what I did...

Take a 6 inch by 36 inch piece of fabric and iron the edges inward.

Photobucket

Then iron the fabric in half.

Photobucket


Roll one end of the fabric and keep twisting the fabric around itself,
until you form a rosette to the size you need.

Photobucket


Photobucket

(I used hot glue along the way, to make sure they were nice and secure)

Next, I cut off the old pink rosettes and hot glued the new B&W rosettes on.

Photobucket

Voila! Super cute, one of a kind flats!
(And all under 10 minutes... can't beat that!)

Photobucket

I can not wait to show you the maternity shirts I have been working on to match these fun accessories! Check back soon to see all the fun we have here at TB2C!!!

Photobucket














Linked up at:




Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden



LINKPARTYBUTTON

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You ladies make some pretty darn amazingly cute things. I love the scarf and the mod podged shoes and the cute new rosettes added to these shoes. So glad you left me a comment. I'm your newest follower. Can't wait to see what you guys post next!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Adorable!

~ Sarah

Danylle McLain said...

Adorable makeover!Can't wait to see what you ladies come up with next! Thanks for the follow! I am your new follower too!
~Danylle

Caroline said...

Love it !!

Amber said...

This is great! Congrats on the new blog! :)

Unknown said...

A-dor-able! Thanks for the tutorial! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower!

Katherine said...

Love the black & white flowers!! I have a very similiar pair of shoes- maybe I should change out my flowers! Thanks for linking up!