March 9, 2011

Introducing: What I've Learned Wednesday!!!

What is 'What I've learned Wednesday'??? In simplest terms it's a place to share what we've learned!
I know, I know thats not giving you much.... but really thats it.

It could be anything. A life lesson. A new craft tip. A random fact. 
Basically anything we've learned and feel its worth sharing. Simple. 


Soooo... here we go!


What I've Learned Wednesday: Houzz dot what?


Anyone ever heard of houzz.com??? I just heard of it yesterday (from my husband of all people. He gets me.) and I am in L-O-V-E!!! 



About Houzz

"Houzz is a community of home design enthusiasts from around the world. It's the online version of cutting pages out of magazines and stuffing them in a folder - but much easier to search, save, and share. "

Speechless??? I was at first too. And it just gets better from here.

"Design professionals showcase their portfolios, sharing their work with a community dedicated to home and landscape design. 15,000+ professionals have uploaded more than 80,000 inspiring photographs, making Houzz the Internet's largest database of design and decorating ideas."

There are literally thousands of pictures to browse and get idea's from. You can search by room, style, geographical area, keyword, designer... anything really.

Wait there is more! You can create an "ideabook" and save everything you like. 


If you see a chair you like, SAVE! "Oooo I like that floor", SAVE! "That looks like a great DIY", SAVE! Dream Kitchen, SAVE! There is even a comment section, to put your private thoughts, so you remember WHY you saved that picture. Genius!

AND as if that wasn't enough??? You can ask questions and they ANWSER!!!


It's like a magazine that talks back! Have you ever flipped through photo's and thought, "That would be the perfect color for my bathroom wall!"??? Well no more 'wondering' . Ask them. They will tell you... CRAZY right?!?!

I feel like I have only scratched the surface of this website and I am SO excited already. Last night the hubs and I spent an hour just looking at things and playing the "one day" game. It was fun!

I'm pretty sure this website jumped to my top 10 all time favorite things. Husband, Kids, Houzz.com, Chocolate... Ok maybe not quite right there, but it really was love at first sight. 


Here are some pictures that I've added to my "Ideabook"

Living Room / Dining Room. eclectic living room
(Love the Pictures)



Jewellery rack contemporary closet
(Cute and Easy)



Childrens Play modern landscape
(Kids 'clubhouse')


girl bedroom  kids
(Love all the colors)


Crystal Cabinetry traditional kitchen
(A girl can dream... right?)


Well I could talk all night about how much I love this site. So go and explore and get that creative mind cranking!

Happy Browsing :)


1 comment:

Katie said...

I love those inspiration photos! I have a similar kitchen with teal cabinets in my idea file! And that bright room is great! Thanks for stopping by to see me and leaving such a sweet comment on my chair! =)